
The first trimester was a bit of a roller coaster for us. I took a total of 5 pregnancy tests, the first 2 which were negative (and the fifth after I had the blood test since I'm a bit neurotic, haha). So I really didn't believe the third or fourth test, even though I know that they are quite effective. But I also didn't feel pregnant.
But the blood test confirmed it, and then at around 10 weeks we went for our first ultrasound. We could see the heartbeat, which was really cool. The pic to the left is the from that visit.
But then during the 11th week, I (stupidly) decided to move some heavy stuff around the house and I vacuumed the entire house (both of these I did on the same day, and I did NOT use roomba, I actually used the "real" vacuum). So two days later (after a sleepless, very stressed out night) we were back in the doctor's office because I wasn't sure if I was miscarrying, again. But all was well, although I was put on restricted activities for a month just to be sure.
Two days later I was at my cousin's bridal shower, trying to suck my stomach in as much as possible b/c I wanted it to be her special day. Luckily, the dress I was wearing hid my belly!
And then we went for another ultrasound in the 12th week as part of a screening test, and the two pics are attached below. The arrow is pointing to the nose in the first pic, and the second on is blurry b/c the baby was moving around a lot. :-)
That's all for now, enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment